How To Wash Your Hair Properly
Updated: Dec 20, 2018
Over the past few years, I've found many people asking how to make their freshly washed hair last longer than one day. This is the best way to explain to everyone just how easy it can be! For the best shampoo and conditioning application, it is best to follow these steps:
1. Take a dime to quarter size amount of shampoo and apply to wet roots.
2. Resaturate your hair with water to get the shampoo to spread throughout.
3. After making sure to massage your scalp and get the shampoo all through your hair rinse. Rinse until you are sure the shampoo is fully out.
4. Next, take your conditioner about the same size amount as your shampoo and gather your hair all up like you are making a ponytail.
5. Only the hair that is hanging from where the ponytail is gets the conditioner. Massage it all in.
6. Rinse out completely!
Leaving your roots out while conditioning your hair is the best for long-lasting style and will result in not having to wash your hair as often. Your scalp has natural oils that already condition your roots. Adding conditioner only makes your hair feel heavier and will build grease quickly.
I hope this helps you for future washing and gives you more longevity as a result. If you're ever in a pinch or want to learn from me personally you can always book for a blowout and get the step by step in person as well as picking up the correct shampoo and conditioner for your hair needs. Stay tuned for more tips and tricks to come!